The ground is the oldest newspaper in print, always being updated with the most recent news, if you can’t read it, you’re operating in the dark!
I’m Mike Hull. I have been an outdoors man my entire life. I have also been in some form of law enforcement since 1974, 27 of those years as a Virginia State Game Warden.
I noticed a huge lack of knowledge in the law enforcement communities of the value of foot impression evidence, tracking and woodland operations. I took my personal experiences along with training from multiple resources and developed training to enhance ones operational abilities in rural environments.
Hull's Tracking School
I specialize in teaching visual tracking skills for Law Enforcement and military. Such as: tactical tracking for armed and dangerous persons, use of tracking in SAR, foot impression evidence collection and preservation, camouflage and concealment, woodland operations and reconnaissance of rural environments.
I have established tracking programs for Local, State and Federal agencies. I have worked as subject matter expert in tracking and woodland operations for National Park Rangers at Shenandoah National Park, Blue Ridge Parkway and Smokey Mountains. I have also worked as a subject matter expert in tracking for government agencies such as; The Border Hunter Course at Fort Bliss-Texas, The US Marine’s Combat Hunter Course at Camp Lejeune-NC, and more Recently I have been heavily involved in The Basic Tactical Acquity Classes for military EOD.
Following is a list of some of my personal clients: Game Wardens, Park Rangers, FBI SWAT, ATF SRT, Army Special Forces SERE Instructors, Air force SERE instructors, Navy SEALS, various TACT TEAMS, border patrol Agents, US Marshall's various other Law Officers from all over the country.
What I offer in actual experience
- 385 hours of instruction from 10 different Tracking instructors
- assisted David Scott Donelan in teaching 21 classes of various military and LEO
- assisted Cornelius Nash in 24 classes training EOD in Tactical Acquity
- Assisted Rob Speiden in 17 classes for SAR and DOC
- lead instructor in over 166 classes
- Special Deputy since retirement in 2008
- 6-years as a Special Agent with VA Dept of Game and Inland Fisheries
- 22-years as a Game Warden
- 3-years VA Department of Corrections
- 2-years private Security for VA Power
- 6-years National Guard Military Police
- 24-years as a Tracking Instructor